As I listen to the primary debates and all of the public comments about the candidates, I am fascinated by the priorities listed by voters for choosing their candidate. While I believe that everyone is sincere about their personal reasons for making their choices, I cannot understand why some reasons are top on their lists.
Every item listed, from limiting abortion to defunding ObamaCare, is critical in its own right. But, are they the most important issues that face the country? I see them as symptoms of a liberal influence that has crept across the country incrementally over decades; an influence that must be halted as a whole, and not piecemeal by focusing on one particular issue in determining a candidate.
If you have been following this blog, you will know that I see the world in a different perspective at times. I have two competing priorities for my choice of candidate in this election cycle that I would categorize as follows: defending our Nation from attack by gathering enemy forces, and making sure that what we defend is worth the sacrifice. Most candidates are focused on the latter, while I see the former as the priority for my selection.
I am conservative to the core, but I will make a few minor concessions to obtain a candidate that meets the challenges that I see in the future. Let me lay out my arguments, then I will give you my dream ticket to lead Conservatives, the Tea Party, Republicans, and Independents in the 2012 election.
While others are focusing on the debt crisis, the spread of Socialism, growth of government, pro-life issues, infringements on personal liberties, and scores of other core conservative issues, I look at that focus as putting the cart before the horse. Each issue is dear to my heart also, but without an intact and secure country, the individual issues are meaningless.
So, how did I arrive at the point where I would put the spread of Socialism, the protection of life, and the crushing debt as secondary issues? As I look at the world, I see a gathering alliance of countries and ideologies bent on our destruction. We lowered our guard as a Nation for two years, and this alliance gained the abilities and confidence to move against our interests. Although I see very positive developments in the way the current administration is now standing against this alliance, the damage done is irreversible and has put our country in the position of having to aggressively defend ourselves now.
You can call it the Axis of Evil, or just an alliance of opportunistic ideologies with a common goal; the result is the same. World War III is on our doorstep, with the opening salvos already being fired.
In the interest of brevity, here are the highlights of how I arrive at this conclusion:
- The United States is in a position of perceived weakness due to war fatigue, economic weakness and high unemployment, crippling debt, and a populace divided by political posturing.
- Our lax border control has allowed thousands of terrorists to invade our country; terror cells that are well financed and well armed.
- Our southern neighbor, Mexico, has been destabilized by the same forces that have crept into our country. Meanwhile, countries in Central and South America have become allies with our enemies and are now staging grounds for terror groups.
- Our European allies are fighting for their very survival as their economies crash due to the socialist programs they embraced, and the immigration policies they adopted.
- Russia, under Vladimir Putin, is striving to regain its position as a dominant world military power with increased naval and missile assets.
- China has used our short-sighted economic policies to help finance the expansion of their military and nuclear weapon programs. They have allied themselves with countries in South America and Africa to supply raw materials and to obtain bases for an expanded global naval presence.
- Iran, along with the terror groups it supports, has hastened its push to establish an Islamic Caliphate that will control all of the Middle East and Northern Africa. The new Caliphate will become a dominate world military power unless it is contained quickly.
- The full Axis of Evil is showing itself and its global alliances. Iran, Syria, Pakistan, North Korea, China, Russia, Venezuela, Cuba, and the list goes on. They will work together to conquer our country, then fight each other for dominance once we are destroyed.
This is just a sampling of the global issues that the next President will have to deal with. There is a global alliance that is already, and will continue to attack our country and our interests. We are infiltrated, we are weakened, we are surrounded, our traditional allies are struggling for survival, and our enemies are growing stronger by the day. This is the reality of our future whether or not our citizens wish to believe it at this time.
These are the factors that establish my priorities in the selection of a candidate for President. I want my next President to secure our nation as the highest priority while also working to solve all of the other critical issues that people are focusing on.
Based on this reality, my top choice is Newt Gingrich because of his understanding of our enemies and the courage to articulate difficult positions about their motives and alliances. His past performance in budget fights and entitlement reforms in the 90’s is enough to satisfy me that he will work to halt the spread of big government and its destructive plague on the country.
The VP spot should go to Allen West for two reasons: he will provide perspective and experience to the President in matters of national security, and will help articulate the threats to Congress; secondly, he will carry on the national security priorities if the President dies.
These two men, along with the dream cabinet that I will announce later, will meet my requirement for a national security priority, followed by repairing the damage done by socialists and liberals over the past decades.
Now you understand my priorities; please share yours below.
by Jack Woodward 12/30/11