If there is one thing the MSM is consistent about it is protecting Democrats from the publicity of their gaffes, while working overtime to showcase Republican gaffes, even if they are non existent.
The focus of this week’s MSM news cycle is the multiple gaffe’s supposedly made by Mitt Romney. Let’s see, he said that media reports about problems with Olympic security in London were disconcerting, that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, and that there are cultural differences between Israelis and Palestinians that account for the differences in economic achievement.
Were they gaffes? Lets see:
- The week prior to the opening ceremony of the Olympics saw the British media criticizing the lack of available security personnel hired and trained by the security firm hired to provide security. We had a little fun with the stories by questioning why it was so hard to find English speaking job applicants in England. Disconcerting? Definitely. A gaffe? Only to the media.
- Israel considers Jerusalem to be its capital even though the rest of the world is unwilling to acknowledge the fact. Awkward for the White House and the State Department? Definitely. A gaffe? Only to the media.
- The per capita GDP in Israel is approximately 1,000% higher than in Gaza. There has to be more to the difference than limitations on travel and imports/exports that Gaza lives under; maybe the Israeli culture of freedom and democracy has something to do with it. Yes, it is politically incorrect to suggest this, but a gaffe? Only the media seems to think so.
Let’s turn the clock back four years and see how the same media outlets handled a couple of Candidate Obama’s gaffes:
- I have visited all 57 States. A gaffe? Not to the MSM.
- John MCain has not criticized my Muslim faith. A gaffe? Of course not! In fact George Stephanopoulos went out of his way to correct him on the spot.
News coverage of these two major gaffes was non existent in the MSM. Just an observation my friends, but news coverage of the candidates seems to be a little lopsided. As we discussed last week, the MSM is slowly burying itself as it works tirelessly to influence our elections.
Every-time you here about a gaffe supposedly made by a republican candidate, you have to ask yourself why you are even paying attention to such discredited reporters when all you have to do is listen to the actual words of the candidate and judge for yourself if was in fact a gaffe, or maybe just a detour from the path of politically correct speeches.
By Jack Woodward 7/31/12